This will help students to reach their goal and help the people who are unaware of steps to become a CA.
Steps OR Procedure to become a Chartered Accountant.
1. A Candidate must be 12th pass to commence his/her CA.
2. After 12th, the first step is to register with ICAI(Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) through forms which are available at ICAI of various places.
3. After getting prospectus from ICAI branch, he/she must file form along with demand draft to get register with the ICAI.
4. The next step is to fill CPT(Common Proficiency Test) form available from ICAI branch.
5. After clearing CPT, student can either register for PCC or IPCC(Integrated Proffessional Competence Course). IPCC is recommended for students as it is latest and has an easy approach.
6. After registration, students can fill examination forms for exams.
7. During IPCC course, two compulsory trainings are required for students to conduct which are ITT and Orientation training.
8. A student can commence its articleship training which is of 3 years after passing group 1 of IPCC.
9. After clearing IPCC, a student will register for articleship and later can register for CA final.
10. A GMCS training is required during the period of articleship.
11. According to a students articleship training, CA final exam attempt is decided(which is after 2 years of commencement of articleship).
12. After clearing CA final, a student will become a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.
Different phases during CA course.
1. CPT(common proficiency test)
2. IPCC(integrated professional competence course)
3. CA final.
CPT is basic entrance test. Its passing requirement is 100 marks out of 200. 200 questions are set in exam each carrying 1 mark. Negative marking is done at 0.25 for every wrong answer.
IPCC is next step for CA students after clearing CPT. It constitute of 2 groups and total of 7 papers of 100 marks each. total weightage of IPCC is 700 and students are required to get 40 marks in each subject and an aggregate of 50% in total. A person is eligible for articleship training after clearing group 1 of IPCC. Two compulsory trainings are required during the course of IPCC. These are required to complete as results are not declared if both are not conducted. These trainings are conducted at ICAI branches.
CA final is last leg to become a CA. alike IPCC it also constitute of 2 groups. Also the passing criteria is same for this. A compulsory training of GMCS is required for students to conduct.
Articleship is also a big part of CA. A student must go for regular training and should not choose DUMMY training as it is dissallowed by institute.
1. Students can get examination forms and prospectus from ICAI website i.e. www.icai.org which is free of cost.
2. Students must go for regular training instead of dummy training.
3. Students can visit ICAI branch for further more details.
4. If students wants to ask anything from ICAI, they can ask through e-sahayata from www.icai.org.